What is East Coast Stamina?
East Coast Stamina (ECS) is a high level competition centered around a selection of the most difficult custom content available for In The Groove, a four-panel dance simulation game along the lines of Dance Dance Revolution. It has been an annual tournament since September 2011, eventually becoming a biannual event starting with ECS2.5.
When/where is it happening?
East Coast Stamina 6 will be held November 17th-19th at the Harrisburg East Mall (3501 Paxton St, Harrisburg, PA 17111).
What is the format?
Historically, the tournament has generally consisted of a "marathon" (a mix of songs usually roughly an hour in length), and then a timed set where players could choose songs from a preselected list, where the songs are assigned point values based on their difficulty in addition to the scores the players obtain on them. ECS4.5 and ECS5.5 have added team play as an aspect of the format, but the mainline ECS tournaments-- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and the upcoming ECS6-- have all focused on one individual competing against the other entrants to achieve the highest score possible on the marathon, and also to gain as many points as possible in the timed set.
More information on the format is available here: ECS6 Format Info
Who were the competitors this year?
The competitors for East Coast Stamina 6 were the top 16 ranked players that are able to attend from the Stamina RPG qualifiers that took place from July 22nd to October 1st of 2017:
- JDongs / Jared (United States)
- Aoreo / Jim (United States)
- Honk / Anthony (Canada)
- Archi / Ian (United States)
- 2PercentMilk / Amy (United States)
- lil_beastling / Kevin (Australia)
- rawinput / Mike (United States)
- PkRynker / Ryan (United States)
- Dingoshi / Adiono (Australia)
- hippaheikki / Markus (Finland)
- SteveReen / Steve (United States)
- Nico / Ian (United States)
- krushrpants / Bryan (United States)
- SilentJoel / Joel (United States)
- Captain Black / Rich (United States)
- LastPlace / Donovan (United States)
Can I compete remotely?
Yes, you'll need to download the following:
- Only players who didn't compete in the local competition will be ranked.
- Fill out the 'Qualifier Stats' portion of the scoresheet based on your qualifier performance (ignore this if you didn't play the qualifiers).
- 'Allotted Time' indicates how much time you have to play your set (use an external stopwatch for this, not the in game timer).
- You have to have time left on your timer to finish the song your picking or else it is not allowed to be counted.
- Fill in the song IDs for the songs that you play that are listed on the 'Song Stats' tab, enter the score obtained, and mark a '1' or 'y' under the appropriate column if you pass.
- The same format linked previously applies to the remote competition.
- I am permitting wayoffs/decents to be disabled for remote tournament, unlike in the local competition.
- You'll also need to play the marathon and send me the score on that.
- Videos or at minimum screenshots are needed for proof.
- Scores must be submitted BEFORE January 1st, 2018.